Sunday, December 02, 2012

TV host set magician's head set on fire during live show

American magician Wayne Houchin suffered severe burns after his head was set alight during a live television show in the Dominican Republic. American Wayne Houchin was in the Dominican Republic to promote his Curiosidades show when he suffered severe burns after a TV chat show host poured burning cologne over his head.



The show's crew rushed onto the set to douse the blaze, and Houchin was taken to a nearby hospital. After receiving treatment, Houchin said that he was "in pain but recovering". He went on to describe his his shock at the inicident:

"I was not aware he was going to do this. This was not a stunt or part of an act
- this was a criminal attack. The fast actions of the rest of our Curiosidades team saved my life. The fire was put out and I was rushed to the emergency room. I have bad burns on my head, face, neck and right hand. I am in pain, but am recovering."

Contains graphic footage and NSFW language.

LiveLeak link.

He later added: "The doctors are cautiously optimistic that I will fully recover with no scars." The Aqua de Florida cologne, which Houchin claims was thrown on him, is reportedly used by shamen and witch doctors in the Caribbean as a voodoo cleansing agent.

No comments: