Thursday, September 11, 2014

Alley the cat sets world record for longest jump

Alley the rescue cat from Chicago managed to jump 182.88 cm (6ft) - the longest jump by a cat.



Her owner and trainer, Samantha Martin, said: "I trained Alley when I noticed she just loved jumping.



"In fact she would follow me around and just leap from platform to platform.


YouTube link.

"Alley started out as such a frail little kitty and to have her grow up so strong and then eventually become a Guinness World Record holding cat, is so exciting for us and for her because she had such difficult beginnings and now she's a star."

2 comments:

Miss Cellania said...

Six feet? I have four cats that leap further than that every day!

Barbwire said...

My cat Orpheus used to jump from the top of the dresser onto my chest while I lay in bed. The distance is at least 8 feet. And for a cat named for the god of sleep, he certainly came up with a very unpleasant way of waking me up!