Monday, November 10, 2014

Criticism over Donald Duck pedestrian decoy

A pedestrian safety crackdown in Fort Lee, New Jersey, that used a police officer dressed up as Donald Duck has drawn criticism from some motorists. It was part of a decoy programme to catch drivers who aren't yielding to pedestrians.



But some are saying it's not fair and that they were tricked. River Edge resident Karen Haigh is one of those drivers, and she plans to fight the $230 ticket she got on Halloween day. "This duck kept going to the kerb, off the kerb," she said.

"I thought it was a crazy guy on Halloween." She is accused, along with dozens of others, of not stopping to let the 6-foot-4 Donald Duck cross the street. "They told me that I was getting a ticket for not stopping for a duck," she said. "But it scared me. I'm a woman.



"This huge duck scared me." Haigh says it was hard to tell what he was trying to do or who he was, and she feels she was treated harshly. "It scared me," she said. "It was a huge duck. If it was a person dressed normally, I think all those people would have stopped."

With news video.

3 comments:

BoS said...

""But it scared me. I'm a woman."

Poor little princess demands special treatment. Grow the f*** up.

Ratz said...

Maybe she has Anatidaephobia. But most likely she's just pissed she got caught being an inconsiderate driver.

tony m said...

Oh Ratz what a great word you used.i admit i had to look it up hahaha