Thursday, December 25, 2014

Man has decided to share story of Jesus bruise caused by bite at this important time of year

A former submariner from Plymouth found the face of Jesus in a bruise on his arm. Andy Metcalf, aged 45, feels there is “some kind of message” in the mark which appeared on his left arm after he had a fight with a friend who bit him. “It was looking like something different every day, hence which I was taking pictures daily, because it was so unusual,” Andy said. “When I looked at the pictures it became apparent it was a face.



“That’s got to be some kind of message, that’s no coincidence. There’s got to be some reason behind it.” Andy says he was not previously a particularly religious person, but he has been baptised and has become a regular church-goer since the incident in August 2013. “The truth is I have been getting more and more spiritual over the years, and a friend of mine invited me to a local church,” he said. “I would say my life was going in that direction anyway. There was no big revelation, I was just a bit confused.



“I asked myself ‘Why is this happening now? Why is it happening at all?’” Andy, who worked in the submarine service for 23 years, has decided to speak out now as he believes his story is important at this time of year. “I think the time is right around Christmas to ram home the message of Jesus and what it’s really all about,” he said. “This happening to me has made a difference to my state of mind. It might have strengthened my belief and my faith.”



Andy says he has shown the pictures to a select group of friends, not all of whom can see what he sees. “50 per cent of people can’t or won’t see it, it’s like a ‘looking between the lines’ exercise,” he said. “It’s like when five people witness an accident and the police are taking statements, they have all got a different story, everyone sees things from a different perspective.” The bruise on Andy’s arm has long since faded, but he says he is glad it happened. “I am happy if it gives me the opportunity to further Christ’s message,” he said.

5 comments:

shak said...

Oh, yes, I can see it now. It's a picture of a dumbass.

BoS said...

"...hence which..."

That's ungodly.

Megan Huddleston said...

This will be the best thing I read all day - "I think the time is right around Christmas to ram home the message of Jesus and what it's all about." If he sees Jesus in the evolving bruise of his bite-mark, well, God bless him. I love this story!!

Patty O'Heater said...

Should have gone to Specsavers.

Jeff said...

"I was just a bit confused."

Yes. Yes you were.